In this video, Attila will introduce you to anyon qubit implementations in nanowire networks. He will show some real-life implementations of topological qubits that are actively being researched around the globe. When will researchers be able to have the first experimental demonstration of this intriguing qubit?
If you have also watched the video’s on Majorana bound states. What do you think is the link between Anyons and Majoranas?
For an expert overview on the subject, make sure to check out this excellent review paper: A Short Introduction to Topological Quantum Computation.
Also, take a look at the papers that presented in this video:
Nanowire networks for braiding
- Plissard, van Weperen et al., Nature Nanotechnology 8, 859 (2013) https://qutech.nl/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/WEB_241_Formation-and-electronic-properties-of-InSb-nanocrosses.pdf
- Car et al., Advanced Materials 26, 4875 (2014) https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/adma.201400924
- Gazibegovic et al., Nature 548, 434 (2017) https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1705/1705.01480.pdf
Interaction based braiding
- Mourik, Zuo et al., Science 336, 1003 (2012) https://arxiv.org/abs/1204.2792
- Hyart et al., Phys. Rev. B 88, 035121 (2013) https://arxiv.org/abs/1303.4379
- Aasen et al., Phys. Rev. X 6, 031016 (2016) https://arxiv.org/abs/1511.05153
- Karzig et al., Phys. Rev. B 95, 235305 (2017) https://arxiv.org/abs/1610.05289
- Vijay & Fu, Phys. Rev. B 94, 235446 (2016) https://arxiv.org/abs/1609.00950